Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Didn't Come Here to Meet You

The prose-poems are starting to build up. I plan to do a limited edition booklet this spring. As with my last Owl's Head Press publication, this will be a small, handmade production of 30 copies.

It will be called I Didn't Come Here to Meet You. Copies can be ordered from me at this blog site or e-mail me at allan-cooper@excite.com Each copy will sell for $20.00.


THE FACE

We are the snow ticking through the branches,
the needles of hemlock fallen on earth. We are
the voice inside the cricket, the unborn child,
the hands of the very old. We are the winter
light peering through the kitchen window,
longing for the leaves of geraniums and sage.

We know so much! We’ve seen the room
where no one ever lives, filling with our wishes
and desires. Our small boat drifts across the river.
The face we love forms slowly on the waves.

(Copyright 2007, Allan Cooper)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home